Subject: Re: Cry babe, cry... Installer error on Mac IIci
To: Joshua E Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
From: Carlos Terre <cterre@activ.es>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1998 13:38:48
Joshua E Hope (mailto:otaku@unixgeek.ml.org) escribi=F3 en fecha 1998.10.07=

12:10:

>Since you asked for "any" help, I will offer this: Have you ran Mkfs on
>the Root&Usr partition?

Hi again!

Well, I had done it right the first time... but I tried a different thing
and I got something working, at least:

I moved the MacOS from the built-in hard drive to the external, and I
reformatted the internal drive, creating a single BSD Root partition. I
am now installing BSD on that partition and everything seems to be
working.

Only I could not, again, mount the partitions on the external drive:

> Error on SCSIRead(), # 5

I got this error message again when trying to

mount /dev/sd1a /usr

I guess there must be some problem either with the formatting parameters
I used, or with the fact that this drive contains MacOS+ partitions in
it, or with the fact that I used HDT 2.5.2 to partition the drive...

Any hints???

* Carlos Terre                                                      *
* Iniciativas ACTIV, S.L.                  Tel: +34-962-960-727     *
*                                          FAX: +34-962-960-727     *
* Plaza del Rey Jaime I, 3A, 1-6           GSM: 907-303-595         *
* 46700 GANDIA                          mailto:cterre@activ.es      *
* SPAIN                                    WWW: http://www.activ.es *
* CSM Proxy:Compartir internet en Red Local http://www.activ.es/csm *
* GuiaACTIV - Gu=EDa de Gandia, La Safor - http://www.guia-activ.com  *