Subject: Boot hangs w/ Perf 430 and -current
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Brendle <BLI@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/02/1998 13:27:00
I just installed the tarballs for -current and am locking up in the boot on my
old Performa 430. The last message I see is that the kernel has detected the
Apple Sound Chip at "asc0 at obio0". I never get the next message which should
be (to my recollection from the 1.3.2 boot) the on-board video. Just to be
clear, this is with the "NetBSD 1.3H (GenericSBC) #84: Mon Sep 7 09:51:54PDT"
binary that was posted recently. Don't know why the hang w/ -current and not
w/ the last official release, perhaps something different in the video support?
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Decided to switch to -current
to be ready for work supporting my wierd Asante MacCON+ LC ether card....

Thanks guys!
-jeff.