Subject: Re: Boot Problem -- ttyflags lock it up
To: greg walsh <gwalsh@artec.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/1998 13:43:16
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, greg walsh wrote:

> >> hangs at the line in the rc script "ttyflags -a".   It just locks the
> >> machine and I need to do a hard reboot.
> >
> >is it locking up on the ttyflags call, or is it actually the next line?
>
> When it's booting, the screen echos "setting ttys flags" and then it
> chokes, so I'm assuming it'sthe "ttyflags -a"  line that's doing it.

Actually the question should have been is it tye ttyflags line, or the
line before?

We had a problem recently where the fsck on the line before the ttyflags
would cause the system to hang AFTER the "ttyflags" message was printed.

Put a "sleep(10)" before the ttyflags command to see if this is it.

Take care,

Bill