Subject: Re: multiple modems and fax
To: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/29/1998 20:27:59
At 12:52 Uhr +0200 29.09.1998, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> - Could NetBSD handle multiple modems (I thought of an isdn adapter and
>an analog modem on phone and printer)?

As long as "multiple" means "two", yes, of course. The details depend on
whether you want to have terminal access or ppp/slip links.

> - Although I looked thru the FAQ I didn't see anything regard incoming
>faxes. Would there be a way to store incoming fax data streams and to
>share them then via the LAN to the Macs (or the IIGS), which would
>interprete then that data?

Look for "HylaFax" <http://www.vix.com/hylafax/> - there are
X11/MacOS/Wintel-Clients available, too. I have set it up here ready for
sending faxes, but have not yet tackled the receive-fax part.

	hauke