Subject: Slow in accepting connections
To: None <njh1@st-andrews.ac.uk, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nicholas James Humfrey <njh1@st-andrews.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/29/1998 09:44:59
Hi,

   I am running NetBSD/mac68k on a MacIIsi with an Apple Ethernet card, I have
   setup apache on it to act as a proxy server for the other machines on the
   network, this works very well and very fast. However when using other services
   like Telnet or FTP, and the IMAP host there seem to be long delays before the
   host responds to the connection, so very often the client timesout. There are
   also very long delays when running the netstat command.

   I have a Linux machine on the network acting as an AppleTalk + IP router
   between the LocalTalk and Ethernet networks. Does anyone have any ideas as
   to what could be causeing this ?

   Also in response to a previous mailing I was told to get a copy of the 'dt'
   packages for controlling console settings. I looked on ftp.netbsd.org but
   could not find it. Does anyone have the exact location ?

Thanks

Nicholas