Subject: ESC in vi & related binding issues
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/28/1998 20:05:21
>hrmm thanks! now if I can only get VI to edit my rc.conf! my mac keyboard
>is
>one of those compact ones like 3in tall and a foot and a half wide so it's
>not what you'd call a big keyboard... and what's the equivelant of a mac
>"Esc" key in netbsd? I always used esc,esc to get into the command line of
>vi what is it for netbsd?

Er, I always used the ESC key...top left one on the keyboard.

Actually, this brings to mind a binding question of my own.

Being a little short-spaced for Emacs, I've found jove to be a nice
substitute.  In an Xwindow environment the Cmd key (next to space bar)
performs the functions of the META key.  But not at a terminal interface
(ie--vt220, non-xwindow environment).  Any ideas here.

Also, is it just me, or does jove just not accept Ctrl-Z as a suspend
signal?

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu