Subject: Re: setting IP address
To: Michael Joy <mjoy@kdi.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/1998 11:44:58
On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Michael Joy wrote:

> what file do you edit to set the ip address of the box i'm running so I can
> start telneting in and setting it up from my pc? Also, I'd like to know
> where's the all this info documented for macbsd on the web :)

This info should be in the install documentation. You need to create
/etc/ifconfig.IF_NAME where IF_NAME is the name of your network
interface(s). ifconfig.ae0 will be used with an asante ethernet interface,
ifconfig.sn0 a SONIC chipset card, etc.. The file contains parameters
passed to ifconfig for that interface. For IP service, there should be
something like:

inet <IP Address> netmask <netmask>

Basically whatever you need to tack onto the end of an ifconfig IF_NAME to
set the ip address.

For info, try:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/index.html

and