Subject: Re: Kernel
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@fastloki.stanford.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1998 17:25:06
Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > Michael Joy wrote:
> > > AHHHH, the kernels on ftp.netbsd.org for ver 1.3.2 for mac68k are corrupt!
> > > I've tried to download and install them many many times now! can anyone
> > > email me the kernel from 1.3.2?
> >
> > ummm....try the ones in the distribution set directory, not the kernel
> > directory.  they should work just fine.  please let me know if they're
> > not...
>
> ?? Why not the ones in the kernel directory? I just ftp'd them & they
> gunzipped fine.
>
> Or are you trying to point Michael to the .tgz ones?

yeah, pretty much.

the url should be something like:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/mac68k/binary/sets/kern.tgz

i think.  the ones you're looking at are most likely:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/mac68k/binary/kernels/kern.gz

and are only gzipped, not tarred.  the installer doesn't understand
gzip-only files (i'm not quite sure why, but hey, that's the way it is...)

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation