Subject: Re: Updated Faq's Help ECT?
To: Michael Joy <mjoy@kdi.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1998 08:39:19
Michael Joy wrote:
> I'm lookin' for some up to date info on netbsd and mac's. most of the stuff
> around is like from 97 so is there anything up to date?

for the most part, if the date is still in '97, the info is still
up-to-date.  not a whole lot has changed that's not noted on the
port-mac68k home page.

are there specific pages you're looking at which you feel are out of date?

> (and another quick
> question is Debian linux farther along than netbsd or is netbsd farther
> along in development) in other words is netbsd faster at the same thing on
> the same system?

in general, i would suspect that netbsd is farther along than linux (at
least on 68k mac's; the reverse is probably true on ppc mac's).  as for
speed, i don't know if anyone's done a comparison....

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation