Subject: Turbo 040 card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Shelby Rogers Davis <sdavis+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1998 10:01:48
I have an old IIci here with 32 megs of ram and a brand new HD that
I'd like to put to good use, and it has a Turbo 040 Accelerator
card. It boots up NetBSD fine(sometimes) with it in, but it doesn't really
do anything but hang, like when I run vi or something. I've taken it
out for now, but it sure makes it fast, and I'd like to run NetBSD
with it in. Any pointers on how to compile a custom kernel?
(either in MacOS or on various faster Unix machines I have access to)
Also, I tried to run vipw and it locked the passwd file and hung, and
I'd like to add some users other than root. how should I alleviate this?