Subject: Re: IIgs
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/23/1998 12:42:05
"David A. Gatwood said:"

> I thought the IIgs ran at about 2.8 MHz, a little under 3x the speed of
> the 1 MHz 65C02's used in the IIc/e/e+/whatever  Anyway....

FYI, there are two modes in the original IIgs that you can set from the
control panel; one is a compatibility mode that runs at 1 MHz, the other
a 2.8 MHz accelerated mode that sometimes caused problems with peripheral
timings.  You can get accelerator cards that run much faster, but they
don't muck with the bus speed.  I don't remember the serial ports
behaving any better in the accelerated mode, though; and Appletalk
worked even in the "slow" mode.

--
| Greg Dunn                       | I really think it's better this  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               | way; the more you suffer, the    |