Subject: Re: silo overflows
To: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/23/1998 09:46:44
Those reported speeds are the speed of the connection between the two
modems, and is generally unrelated to the speed between your modem and
your computer.  (As long as the latter is higher things will work just
fine.)  Your modems take care of speed-matching...

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:

> Bill,
>
> a question: how it comes I'm getting frequently/regularily connect
> speeds when dialing to my ISP (in MacOS OT/PPP) of between 42.000 -
> 48.000 bps? Using a Q630 with Lasat 560 Voice . . .
>
> Regards, Ulrich
>
> ----------
> >Von: "Dr. Bill Studenmund" <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
> >An: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
> >Cc: "port-mac68k@netbsd.org" <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
> >Betreff: Re: silo overflows
> >Datum: Die, 22. Sep 1998 23:01 Uhr
> >

> >We would be able to get 23040 (assuming your math's right :-). But we
> >don't get any rates between 57600 and 38400 though. :-(

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |