Subject: Re: silo overflows
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/1998 13:22:07
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Nope. Though if you had an external clock at an odd rate, we could use it.
> For instance, that's how MIDI devices work - the supply the serial port
> w/ a 1 MHz clock, and we get the 31250 or so baud rate from it.

Hmm, any reason we couldn't support odd rates? There's a formula for
calculating the SCC's baud rate counter thing given the input clock
frequency, baud rate, and divisor... some baud rates would be
unattainable, but I'd think we could still get thousands of them.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++