Subject: Re: Booter 1.11.3
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/1998 04:14:10
"Ulrich Hausmann" <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de> wrote:

Ulrich> # date

Ulrich> unfailably results:

Ulrich> Sun Sep 20 10:01:25 PDT 1998
Ulrich>            ^^^^^^^^ <-- that is my time -540 minutes!

Ulrich> So, what? :)

Oh...  It shows that you didn't checked your /etc/localtime.
Didn't you read my first message?

Please consult FAQ or your system itself (file, directory,
manual, etc.) first.  Most of your questins are in the FAQ,
so, if you read (or search) it, you can get the correct
answer you need more quckly, rather than asking here.

I don't say that "Don't ask any questions here."  Any
questions about NetBSD/mac68k are welcome, but new people to
unix seems to have similar questions, so there are FAQ list.
It's extract of voluntary work of many people.

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/faq-5.html#ss5.9

   Here is a quick summary of how to correctly set the time and timezone
   under MacBSD:
    1. In the MacOS, set the time and timezone correctly:
          + In the Map control panel, choose your city or one in the same
            timezone and set it. Make sure that the timezone setting is
            correct (for standard time, not DST).
          + In the Date & Time control panel, make sure that your clock
            is set correctly.
          + If you have a newer version of the control panel, also make
            sure that the timezone and Daylight Savings checkbox are
            properly set (I think this may override the Map control
            panel)
    2. In the Booter, set the appropriate GMT bias:
          + Choose Options->Booting
          + Set the GMT bias to the number of minutes east of GMT for
            your timezone (i.e. -6 hours for CST, so -360), or west of
            GMT (i.e. a positive multiple of 60).
          + If you have Booter 1.9.7 or later, select the option to
            automatically figure out the GMT bias instead of setting it
            manually (this uses the settings established in the MacOS
            above).
    3. Under NetBSD, set the appropriate local time zone:
          + remove the current timezone file (rm /etc/localtime)
          + make the appropriate symbolic link from /usr/share/zoneinfo/*
            to /etc/localtime
            (ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/yourtimezone /etc/localtime)

Ulrich> Reasoning from a stupid Prodos user point of view,
Ulrich> I'd say there is some config file I should change to
Ulrich> get CEDT - so I presume would be called the
Ulrich> "Mitteleuropaeische Sommerzeit" in English (?).

man date sais:

     Time changes for Daylight Saving and Standard time and leap seconds and
     years are handled automatically.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Happy Hacking!