Subject: Re: silo overflows
To: Hugh Harris <h.harris@unsw.edu.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1998 20:00:19
	Silo overflows occur when the remote end (modem) is sending data
	faster than the mac can keep up. They result in dropped packets
	which will need to be retransmitted.

	Try reducing the pppd serial speed - you may actually see faster
	transfers as it will no longer have to be coping with dropped
	packets.

		David/absolute

         -=- They took away my irony, but they left my deceit  -=-