Subject: Re: Booter 1.11.3
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1998 23:20:11
First of all thanks to you and all the others who tried to help me out.
Secondly, sorry for waisting your time. But trust me, I looked in the -
admittedly - few Unix books I have here as well in man localtime, but I
didn't find exactly the way how it is set up. Very likely due to both,
my limited knowledge of English and my zero knowledge of Unix. And
sincerely, I didn't expect to find something in regard in the FAQ. Ok,
learned the lesson . . .:))

Practically: I already had done like you and also others described
and advised, but I still do not get CET but only GMT, although I've set
my timezone to Berlin (tried also Luxembourg and Amsterdam). There is
always displayed GMT and the corresponding time (2 hrs after mine). May
be NetBSD does not know CET? And then: How will NetBSD know, when the
ending of the summertime is set? I'm not sure, but I think earliest last
year the EU decided to finish summertime not as before on the last
Sunday of September but a month later. And very likely there were no
formal decision taken on the ending point of summertime this year before
end of 97 (?).

Regards, Ulrich