Subject: Re: Booter 1.11.3
To: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1998 10:04:01
On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:

> True. But why the Booter is failing totally, when set to Auto-set?

Do you have the Map control panel set right? You should be getting
+120 in the booter when you open the settings dialog. Also, do you have
the machine set for summer time correctly? I have to manually shift the
gmt offset for my local as 7.1 doesn't have summer time support.

> Another question: all books and also your example show the "%" as prompt
> (some also refer to ">" as prompt. I only saw that when I felt in the
> debugger (?)). But I get "#" as prompt. Why that? Or is that just for
> all Macs the prompt?

"#" usually means you're root. I've got some machines which give me "%"
prompts, and some which give me ">" prompts. :-)

Take care,

Bill