Subject: LCII problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Olof Rymark <olof@subzero.campus.luth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1998 14:13:11
Hello!

Got an LCII with 8 MB RAM and 250 MB HD and an ethernetcard. There are
three netbsd-partitions on the disk, root, usr and swap. First I tried to
install -current with kernel #84. Tried all different versions generic,
sbc etc. They all hang after the Soundchip is identified. If i remeber
it's the videosupport that comes next. OK, so I gave upp current.

Now I have installed 1.3.2. It boots fine. But when I try to use any
commands like vi, man and all the rest it coredumps. Arrrgh. There are
some commands that do work: finger, csh, w, etc. I've tried both the
generic and sbc kernel but of course nothing helps. I've mounted all
partitions r/w.

I've checked that no files from -current are still on the disk. They are
all gone and replaced with 1.3.2.

Any suggestions on how to make this work. Should I go back another version
to 1.3.1 or 1.3 ? So many questions, so little time.

/olof

  olof.rymark@home.se ** ICQ# 3301121 ** http://powerpiece.campus.luth.se