Subject: Booter 1.11.3
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1998 10:08:56
I'm encountering a time/date setting problem in Booter 1.11.3 (as well
as in 1.11.1):

My system is a IIci and I'm booting in a still very basic NetBSD 1.3.2
setup. According to the manual GMT Bias and Auto-set GMT Bias, "should
be a number of minutes which are added to GMT to get your timezone. If
you have the MacOS control panel set with your location, you can enable
the 'Auto-set GMT Bias option to set this information".

Now, when I enable Auto-set (leaving blank the other box), the Booter
seems to translate to NetBSD only the minutes and the year. Date results
with day, minutes and year correct, but hours and month wrong (00,
January). Otherwise, when I put in 120 (since I'm in timezone +0200, up
to the end of octobre; then newly +0100, because changing back to
regular sun time) and leave the Auto-set checkbox blank, the hours
continue to be wrong. Oh well, just a thought: may be my time is
translated back to Californian time (what is PDT?))? The other values
are correct then.

TIA,

Ulrich