Subject: Re: Problems booting recent kernels on IIvx
To: Andrew James ROBBIE <ajrobb@students.cs.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1998 19:42:16
>    - NetBSD boot sequence comes up, messages as usual until
>
>      "asc0 at obio0: Apple Sound Chip" (just after "adb: 100 dpi mouse at 3")

I noticed this as well on my machine while I've been doing development.
I thought it was just because I was doing some weird stuff but I suppose not.
As a work-around I've been omitting asc from the build config. It seems
to boot fine at that point. UVM also doesn't seem to work terribly well but
that may be because I haven't tuned the UVM number. Personally, I think
I'm going to leave the UVM option off until the whole "UVM mystery number"
thing is solved.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill