Subject: Re: SE/30 cpu boosters?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1998 09:19:45
Rodney,

first I think the Diimo accelerator now is a bit cheaper, and looking
for a used one you'd be able to get one for less than 100 $, I'm pretty
sure. But that would be always a lot of money compared to the 2 $ you
paid for your SE/30.

Then, tuning and keeping functional that old machines isn't only for
practical but also for ecologiocal (it's great there is an OS giving old
that "old irons" still a good and useful use) and for nostalgical
reasons. Look, beyond rational and professional reasons, one major
reason, why I'm trying - and as a total newbie Unix isn't that fun :) -
to get working a NetBSDbox, is that in this way I hope to hook up to
isdn
my good old Apple IIGS and the //c+. And no, I would not change my 1949
Moto Guzzi Falcone for a modern Japonese or German motocycle . . . . :))

Regards, Ulrich

PS. Anyone out there who knows, if there is somewhere (on some NetBSD
related site) an overview, which accelerators would cooperate with
NetBSD?