Subject: Re: 8100 SCSI (well off-topic)
To: None <esmiller@engin.umich.edu>
From: GBH01467 <GBH01467@nifty.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1998 00:35:12
Hi,

>Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:13:22 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "E. Seth Miller" <esmiller@engin.umich.edu>
>To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
>
>Greetings, all-
> This is WAY off-topic, so anybody wishing to stick to NetBSD
>should probably either delete this message or send me a nasty response
>now...
> The reason I'm sending this to this list is that the people on
>this list are the most knowledgable people I know about Macintosh hardware
>issues. I have this Mac 8100 that locks up sporadically, and we think the
>problem is in the SCSI subsystem...  What would be the best way to check
>that?
> Thank you for your help, and again, apologies to the list for the
>off-topic post...
>
> -Seth Miller

I need more infomations of your system; both hardware and software.
For example, on the system 7.5 or 7.5.X, interrupt level of SCSI
controller had changed.
I experienced serious problems of disconnected SCSI operation.
Though the problem happend on the PCI Mac, there are many problems
depends on system.
In this case, I think disk driver is under suspicious.

Software Environment:
 S1.OS version?
 S2.SCSI Driver?(HDT/SilverLining...)

Hardware Environment: