Subject: Re: NTP server binary for /netbsd/mac
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: squeegy <squeegy@c54820-a.carneg1.pa.home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1998 14:27:33
I didn't know I had it.   I am trying it out now and it doesn't seem to be
working.

ntptime gives the following error
NTP user interface routines are not configured in this kernel.

I am using the generic kernel 1.3.2 on a macse /30

also ntpq is listing the current host as local host, but my /etc/ntp.conf
below lists a server

#
# Undisciplined Local Clock. This is a fake driver intended for backup
# and when no outside source of synchronized time is available.
#
# server 127.127.1.0            # local clock (LCL)
# fudge  127.127.1.0 stratum 10 # LCL is unsynchronized

#
# Outside source of synchronized time
#
# server xx.xx.xx.xx            # IP address of server
server 128.115.14.97
#
# Miscellaneous stuff
#

driftfile /etc/ntp.drift        # path for drift file
logfile   /var/log/ntp          # alternate log file
# logconfig =syncstatus + sysevents
# logconfig =all

# statsdir /tmp/                # directory for statistics files
# filegen peerstats  file peerstats  type day enable
# filegen loopstats  file loopstats  type day enable
# filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

#
# Authentication stuff
#
# keys /etc/ntp.keys            # path for keys file
# trustedkey 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15  # define trusted keys
# requestkey 15                 # key (7) for accessing server variables
# controlkey 15                 # key (6) for accessing server variables

no errors are listing in the /var/log/ntp