Subject: Re: SE/30 cpu boosters?
To: Andrew Brennan <brennan@auhs.edu>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1998 22:42:40
At 2:11 PM -0700 9/14/98, Andrew Brennan wrote:
>   Anyone have a line on upgrades for an SE/30 these days?  I have a few
>   at home (some SEs, as well) and am considering boosting them as long
>   as NetBSD/mac68k would also benefit from the upgrade.

I've been running a MicroMac "DiiMO" 50MHz '030 upgrade in my SE/30 for
months now, and it works great.

It's currently priced at $250 with an FPU, $200 without:

http://srch.outpost.com/search/productsearch.cfm?name=diimo+se%2F30

(I have the one with FPU.)

If you get one of these, you might want to take the useless "MicroMac"
stickers off the tops of the CPU and FPU.  I had a scary moment a couple of
weeks ago when said sticker fell off inside the case, landed on the
motherboard and caused the machine to crash, then reboot with error tones.
Fortunately, I removed the sticker and everything seems fine now.

(BTW, I'm not affiliated with either MicroMac or Cyberian Outpost.)

-- monroe