Subject: Re: Asante MacCON+ LC Rev. C1 NIC support under NetBSD 1.3 on Performa 430?
To: Jeffrey S. Brendle <jsb@emsadm.psu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1998 09:18:33
Jeffrey S. Brendle wrote:
> I wrote quite a while ago asking about support for this Asante NIC based
> on the DP83932VF chip, but then had to put my playing with NetBSD/mc68k
> on the back burner. Now that I have some free time again, and having
> misplaced all the replies from the earlier query, I was wondering what
> steps are necessary to try and get this working. At boot, "ae" reports
> that it failed to determine the RAM size. From reading the FAQ, I am
> assuming that "ae" is the right match for this chip (probably), but what
> do I need to do to support this card? Would appreciate any information
> from those out there who've gone down this road before. thanks much!

actually, shouldn't "sn" be matching this card?  i'm pretty sure that's
the sonic part number.  the "ae" driver should only be attaching to a
DP8390 of DP83902 part.  are you sure the chip on your card isn't the
latter?  i thought that most of asante's maccon cards were based on the
8390, not the sonic....

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation