Subject: 1.3.2 panic
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1998 21:30:55
Hi,

I just grabbed my old MacIIx out of the closet and did a full reinstall of
NetBSD.  All went well (slow though, 5M RAM, anyone know where to get
cheap memory?) except today I couldn't reach the machine and came home to
a debugger prompt.

I'm not on this list, but if anyone would like details, I can post them if
it happened again.  I haven't figured out how to force a dump from the
debugger, and it looks like the GENERICSBC kernel has been stripped.

If it helps, this is what "trace" outputs:

_Debugger(4,7cce80,23304,232b6,4) + 6
_panic(232b6,4,0,4,ffffcb8c) + 40
_exit1(6b99400,4,ffffcb7c,1136d4,7ccedc) + 28
_sigexit(6b99400,4,6bb4400,54) + 3e
_sendsig(2c1c,b,fe7c9056,996a,88) + 1a6
_trapsignal(6b99400,b,996a) + 86
_trap(8,402a64d,996a) + 5b6
faultstkadj() + 0

Is 1.3.2 known stable right now?  I'd previously been running something
out of 1.2 for some time without any problems.

If it's prudent for me to subscribe to the list to discuss this, say the
word.

Thanks,

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                       Internet Channel |
| INCH System Administration Team         (212)243-5200    |
| spork@inch.com                          access@inch.com  |