Subject: "interesting" df output fixed -- sort of
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: MICHAEL LARKIN <tinomen@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1998 12:49:00
Well, I took some advice and installed -current (19980905 at the time), trying
to fix the incorrect df output I had been getting from the previous version.

After installing, setting devices, and rebooting, I got a

"incorrect or undefined system call"

message upon booting, at the point where it was going to check rc.conf.

Booting into the single user shell would allow me to examine "/", but not
allow me to mount anything (same error message upon execution of the mount
command).

Solution:

I repartitioned the drive into one giant partition (not my first choice, but
seeing as how it's only 200M, I don't really care), and reinstalled
1.3.2 "release" version.

df now works fine, although from what I was reading on the list, it probably
still is "broken", and I'm just not witnessing its manifestation since I only
have one FS now.

Another question: The root filesystem is 160MB, and I've loaded 59MB of data
into it. Why does the free space only show 80MB? I could understand a little
loss, but 20MB of loss in 59MB of data? Isn't that a little large? None of the
other NetBSD system's I've loaded (Sparc, i386, VAX, alpha) experience this
sort of behavoir....

But, at least it's working.. :)

-ml
tinomen@usa.net