Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic: MacOS trap #a092
To: None <fb@enteract.com, paul@whooppee.com>
From: Bryan Pendleton <bryanp@forte.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/1998 09:41:16
I was once certain, while disassembling some code, that the Egret trap was
being used to program the VIA (the Versatile Interface Adapter). The VIA is
documented in the ancient IM-III as: "controls the keyboard, internal
real-time clock, parts of the disk, sound, and mouse interfaces, and various
internal Macintosh signals".

Unfortunately, I can no longer recall the exact reasons that I had
concluded this, but you might try looking at the data structures passed to the
Egret trap to see if any of them match the VIA register and command formats
documented in IM-III pages 39-42

bryan

-----
Bryan Pendleton, Forte Software, Inc.  bryanp@forte.com  (510) 869-2138