Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic: MacOS trap #a092
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Wayne Chang <wcx@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 14:54:05
>On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
>> Anyone got any idea what this trap is?  or what it does?

and so on and so on...

Egret is this darned buggy routine that checks the clock chip (you're all
right about VIA etc). I say 'buggy' because under Mac OS, it causes hangs
in web browsers because the more you use _Egret and _WriteXPram, the higher
the chance your machine gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Try downloading "Netscape Defrost" from who-knows-where and see if this helps.

Nobody scream at me if I'm wrong - it's only a theory.

--
Wayne Chang
home.earthlink.net/~wcx/index.html

"Wherever the law is, crime can be found."