Subject: Kernel/ PS / KDE Question
To: macbsd <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <cruller@unicom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 14:51:19
A few Y/N questions

> Info first:

System:
Q800
16bit 832x624 internal video
OSFA Xserver
1.3.2 distribution
current kernel (I used to use a wormspace kernel but looks like wormey
ain't building them any more)
all packages added from 1.3.2 package system (This is soooo easy)
ps won't work because I've got my kernel out of sync w/ my binaries & I
get a proc size mismatch.

I'm using a current kernel because the screen wrapped around w/ a 1.3.2
generic kernel.

> Now the Questions:

I've added the KDE meta package & KPanel doesn't work.  For that matter
is anyone sucessfully running all of kde (excluding audio of course).

Would this have any thing to do with me running a current kernel with
the 1.3.2 distribution?

I'd like to run a release rather than current.  Would it be a hassle for
me to build my own kernel from 1.3.2 source with a video fix for my box.
I saw a patch in the faq but I've had bad luck trying to apply those by
hand.  Is there a so-called .patch file I can run through the patch
command?

TIA

Gerald