Subject: Ethernet card 2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tetsuro Oishi <TOishi@umassd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 13:57:21
Colin Wood wrote:
>TOISHI@umassd.edu wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I have a Mac IIci which has a LC PDS Ethernet work card.
>> When I boot the NetBSD, it seems to be read like,
>> TFL LAN INC., part: E410 NuBus/E420
>> However, when I typed in a command "ifconfig -a", the card cannot be read
>> (There is no "sn0" in the output.)
>
>what are the _exact_ lines you see during boot (i.e. the ones that start
>with "sn0:")?

The details are as follows:

When I boot the MacBSD without ethernet connection to my university LAN,

nubus0 slot d: Ethernet card (Vendor: TFL LAN INC., Part: E410 Nubus/E420
LC PDS, EtherNet Adapther) Type = 0004 0001 011e 0100 not configured

Also, when I boot with ethernet connection (I mean that I connect the
ethernet cable to my card.),
the error shows up like,

slot_noint()     slot d
slot_noint()     slot d