Subject: Re: Lynx
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 22:17:51
mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu  wrote:

mcmahill> and if you have to create the file from scratch,
mcmahill> be sure to also have /usr/lib

We needn't have /usr/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf.  man 8 ldconfig
says below.  It's from -current src in ftp.netbsd.org, so
i'm not sure if it fit to 1.3(.x), though.

-----

     -s      Do not scan the built-in system directory (``/usr/lib''), nor any
             directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf for shared libraries.

     -S      Do not scan the built-in system directory (``/usr/lib''), for
             shared libraries.  (Directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf are
             still scanned.)

-----

mcmahill> in it and if you use X, also have

mcmahill> /usr/X11R6/lib

mcmahill> my /etc/ld.so.conf looks like:

mcmahill> /usr/lib
mcmahill> /usr/X11R6/lib
mcmahill> /usr/pkg/lib

I add too, (for old days:-)