Subject: X buglets
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J R Gasser <esrpo@eng.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 13:53:24
Hello to everyone.

NetBSD MacIICX 32M 1Gdisk

X11R6 works fine in general but.....

1) What's the cure for getting system messages to stop posting across
the bottom of the screen and thus waking up the screen as well as
looking ugly.

A while back I remember a cure for this one got posted, but I didn't
write it down for some reason.  Please direct me to the right place...

2) When a window re-draws (for whatever reason, typically moving it
in front of another window by clicking on the focus bar at the top, or
when I'm using emacs simply by loading a new file to edit) it either
redraws slightly down teh screen and leaves messy bits at the edges
and top-bar or else doesn't completely wipe out the old text that was
there in the former window.  In emacs pressing the Number Lock key (is
this also Screen Re-draw?) clears the problem.  But using ordinary X11
windows leaves a ragged mess that makes it hard to work.

My video is a big old Radius screen and custom card (apparently custom
for the MacCX ONLY and hence the reason it was given to me).

3) Where do I look to find the documentation to find out how to use
the two button Mac mouse instead of a 3-button mouse with X11?  Is
there a standard mapping from one to the other and if so where is it,
please.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Russell.

Russell Gasser
Development Technology Unit (DTU)
Engineering Department
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4-7AL
England

Tel/Voicemail +44 (0) 1203 522339
FAX +44 (0) 1203 418922
E-MAIL  esrpo@eng.warwick.ac.uk

Opinins expressed are personal and not the official position of the
DTU or the University of Warwick.