Subject: Identd
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Reid <alexr@yours.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1998 11:40:19
Hello

I've had NetBSD running on my old, old Quadra 660AV for about a week now
and I'm really impressed with it. UNIX apps that I use a lot such as
BitchX and ircd-dal all compiled flawlessly in not a bad time - something
that I wasn't expecting!

However, the one thing that is annoying me is the lack of identd, so when
I'm on irc a ~ appears before my username. In Linux, I added an auth line
to /etc/inetd.conf and it appeared to solve the problem. However, in the
case of NetBSD nothing will stop that ~ from appearing in front of my
name.

I have the paths set correctly to identd residing in /usr/libexec, so
that isn't an issue.

What's a working "auth" identd line that anyone on this list uses?

Best Regards

Alex