Subject: Re: Worth trying X ?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 18:45:00
>Dear all,
>
>I've just managed to get a working version of NetBSD on my P475 (which has
>a 'broken' LC040). Things seem to be working fine apart from the
>occasional seg fault and the fact that the top half of the top line of the
>console runs off the top of the monitor.

I think that you're confusing two separate problems WRT the 68LC040. If you
have "occasional" seg faults, then yours is *NOT* a broken one. The broken
ones would be pretty much completely unusable. All others, though, will
have seg faults because we have broken code for running on the "good"
68LC040's.

>My question is whether it's worth me installing X, especially if X makes a
>lot of FPU calls?? Does anybody have any experience of this on a broken
>LC040 machine?

I don't think it would really be worth it....but it's always worth a try
;-). Your fault tolerance may be higher than mine.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.