Subject: Re: PB170 Problems
To: None <MCENHILLK@SSG.Gunter.AF.mil>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 09:36:32
MCENHILLK@SSG.Gunter.AF.mil wrote:
> Sure, I can do that. I will have to wait untill I get home though, I don't
> hvae the kernel here.

that's fine.

> Is there a way of dumping text from the console to the HFS partition. When I
> turn on boot logging from Booter, I only get output from the booter.

well, if you could do a multi-user boot, then yes, there's an easy way,
but since you're hanging, no there's not a convenient way to do it (you
could use a serial console, but in that case, i don't think that the adb
messages would show up).

in this case, there are only a few lines to take a look at, like:

  adb: using PowerBook series hardware support

or something like that.  assuming that you're stuck in the debugger at the
end of the boot, it may just be that polling isn't quite working for the
powerbooks under hwdirect adb support....

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation