Subject: Re: PB170 Problems
To: None <MCENHILLK@SSG.Gunter.AF.mil>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 09:16:41
MCENHILLK@SSG.Gunter.AF.mil wrote:
> When I use the GENERIC-84 kernel, I can't use the keyboard. I get to the
> same point as the MRG-84 kernel but when it asks for a shell, I can pound on
> the keyboard all day and nothing is entered.

hmmmm....could you copy down the output from the non-MRG boot around where
it says "adb: ...." and post it to the list?

> BTW, just to let everyone know, I am new (as in Wednesday) to BSD. I have
> been using Linux for about three years and Slow-aris for one. I can talk the
> talk but I don't know BSD nameing conventions.

don't worry, BSD naming conventions are pretty much like most other
unices.  as for the whole MRG thing, that refers to the Macintosh ROM Glue
(the code we use to interface with the Mac ROM's to provide ADB support on
some machines...it _should_ be largely obsolete).

thanks.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation