Subject: Re: -current & GENERIC-84 problems...
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 08:56:53
Hans-Christian Becker wrote:
> Hi again.
> I experienced the same problem as  Ewen Cartwright
> <e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com> with GENERIC-84. *That* particular problem
> apparently has gone away in -current, but the kernel I built this morning
> stops at
> Configuring network interfaces: mc0
> and just sits there. Does anyone have a clue? BTW, I just realized that I
> haven't yet tried to build a kernel according to the GENERIC config file.
> Maybe I chose the wrong combination of options :-(

Hmmmm...I'd have to see your config file, I guess.  Do you configure an
mc0 device?  (This is an AV Quadra, right?)

> Oh, and on a related topic: I can't gunzip xbase.tgz and xfont.tgz in the
> xbin-98xxxx directory under arch/mac68k/. I tried two mirrors in Europe,
> and the files on NetBSD.org are the same size and have the same dates &
> times as those on the mirrors.
>
> Sigh. Why can't I just be happy with a setup that *works*?

You're right, the files are indeed corrupted.  On the FTP server, I get
the following:

gunzip: xbase.tgz: invalid compressed data--crc error

Steve, can you do anything about this?

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation