Subject: Re: -current & GENERIC-84 problems...
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 10:43:19
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Hans-Christian Becker wrote:
> Hi again.
> I experienced the same problem as  Ewen Cartwright
> <e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com> with GENERIC-84. *That* particular problem
> apparently has gone away in -current, but the kernel I built this morning
> stops at
> Configuring network interfaces: mc0
> and just sits there. Does anyone have a clue? BTW, I just realized that I
> haven't yet tried to build a kernel according to the GENERIC config file.
> Maybe I chose the wrong combination of options :-(

I bet that's caused by the problem reported in PR 6107...
(http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=6107)
Try applying the supplied patch and see if it makes your kernel work.
Hopefully someone'll commit it soon (hm, I guess I could use CVS access
after all :)

> Oh, and on a related topic: I can't gunzip xbase.tgz and xfont.tgz in the
> xbin-98xxxx directory under arch/mac68k/. I tried two mirrors in Europe,
> and the files on NetBSD.org are the same size and have the same dates &
> times as those on the mirrors.

I just downloaded them, and I can't gunzip them either :( Looks like
they're corrupt...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++