Subject: PB170 Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <MCENHILLK@SSG.Gunter.AF.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 13:00:38
Howdy,

I managed to get the current snapshot of NetBSD installed on my PB170 and I
am running into a problem while the system boots. The only kernel that I can
get to work off of the ftp.netbsd.org site is netbsd.MRG-84.tar.gz . I am
trying to boot into single user mode. Booter works ( version 1.11.3) and the
monitor switches to the console but dies after it asks me for a shell to
use. Here are the last few lines.

<snipped a whole lot of stuff that look right>
PRAM time does not appear to have been read correctly.
PRAM: 0x83da3f80, macosboottime: 0x35f78614.
root file system type: ffs
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
panic: pool_get: must have NOWAIT
Stopped at	_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
db>

That is it. The system stays there (not that I expected the kernel to boot
through the debugger)

Could any one give me a hand or a starting point of where to go from here?