Subject: Re: Help needed!
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1998 03:03:46
Bill,

meanwhile I made a complete backup, formatted the hd with HD SC Setup,
created 3 partitions (plus the fourth for the driver), 2 of them for
NetBSD (Usr & Root and Swap) - and guess what? I'm getting the same
error as I described before. I can not install more than one tgz file at
once with NetBSD Installer. Man.tgz for example quits immediately,
whithout any installation. When I'm lucky, it expands just one row
(file?). Now, I'm feeling pretty helpless (since otoh, the installation
on a Syquest seems to work flawlessly (but I'm not following that at
this moment) and even worse, I can not even be sure, that the other
installed stuff was expanded and installed correctly and completely.

Actually, I'm booting with the 1. Aid floppy disk of OS 7.1, getting and
starting the NetBSD related stuff from the Syquest. So, there aren't any
exotic extensions or control panels at all. Oh, I should say, when I get
that error, there is no way to leave NetBSD Installer other than RETURN.

Possible NetBSD does not like the hd (Dec RZ29B = Seagate Barracuda, 4.2
GB)?

Any help and suggestion is highly welcome,

Ulrich