Subject: Re: segmantation fault
To: None <ivo_arnold.boehme@systor.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/09/1998 20:56:03
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 10:28:39 +0100, ivo_arnold.boehme@systor.com wrote:

> I am a poor guy having only a LC040. Can someone please give me a more
> in-depth explanation
> for the frequent seg. faults occuring in a LC040 environment? They are a
> bit anoying ;-) I'd love
> to have a working  unix on my box ...

Yes, they are annoying to me as h^Hwell.  I'm the one who's supposed
to fix the bug, but it looks like it needs a little more time.

At one time I thought I figured out why it had to happen, but the more
I investigate, the more puzzled I get.  As a result, I can't offer you
any in-depth explanation (if I could, I'd be hacking away a fix now)
but it is absolutely clear that it is related to the floating point
emulator as it does happen only on the 68LC040 which lacks the FPU.

Ken