Subject: Re: Help needed!
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1998 15:27:54
SUNAGAWA,

thanks a lot for all that advices, but actually, that does not seem to
be my problem with the hd:

I can *NOT* get the installer to install anything correctly or to build
devices. When I let the installer install base.tgz, etc.tgz, kern.tgz,
it stops after a while (after finishing extracting the first package, I
think) and says:

>Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
>Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
>Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
>Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
>Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
>Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
>pos = 0, i = 121, fs = /
>alloccgblk: can't find blk in cyl

Strangely, when I did the first installation on the hd I also got this
error, but I could start NetBSD (though getting an alarm 'warning: no
/dev/console ') but I never got a prompt (#).

After a second attempt to install, I only get the Installer error, but
trying to boot, I crash still in MacOS! This time, I let NetBSD
Installer build first the devices, *BEFORE* I installed anything.
Nevertheless, I'm getting the same error and can not boot (???).

Best regards, Ulrich