Subject: RE: Installation problem
To: 'Ulrich Hausmann' <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
From: Ewen Cartwright <e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1998 13:14:19
If it's any help, I've been fiddling about with the Installer all =
weekend on a 2.1 GB Fireball. I've tried numerous different partition =
setups (made using a patched HD SC Setup), and they would all cause the =
installer to choke with the error you described _unless_ the NetBSD =
partitions were at the start of the disk (as seen in HD SC Setup, =
anyway). The error you describe would always occur when I attempted to =
make more than 2 dirs. I've had no problems (with the installer, at =
least - I haven't got as far as installing the kernel yet) when the =
NetBSD partitions are at the start of the disk and the number of =
partitions is 8 or less.

Cheers,

/ewen