Subject: Re: harddisk > 2GB not supported?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1998 16:43:32
Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>  wrote:

Hauke> I saw similar crashes for an IBM DCAS 4G drive and
Hauke> kernels >= 1.3; an 1.2G kernel wouldn't crash. For
Hauke> drives this big, for unknown reasons you must not
Hauke> exceed a total of seven (7) partitions on the disk.

Hmm, it's strange... I'm using same DCAS 4G drive under 1.3F
for a month without a trouble.  It's my boot drive.  When I
moved to it from DORS there were some panics, but the reason
was that I made 8 partitions into it.  7 partitions are OK.

May the size of the partition table cause the problem?

Hauke> See also the parallel "Installation problem" thread
Hauke> and PR#5174.

I'll post the result of disklabel tonight if anyone has
interest.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!