Subject: AddUser = AddNerd in the pkgs collection
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: bvjsales <bvjsales@japan.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1998 14:29:41
To add a user:

Try using the " addnerd " utility for 95% automated setup of 'user/nerd'
accounts

I recently added it to my NetBSD 1.3 version and got it to work.
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/sysutils/addnerd/README.html

This utility is based on Matthew Green's addbozo.pl script, and is
designed to add a local user to the system, including the construction
of the home directory.

It creates an account in the accounts /home directory adds the .profile
.cshrc and .login files to the new account directory sets initial CHOWN and
CHMOD for the account directory and adds a line in the masterpassword file

all you have to do is set the initial new account password and tell the
person his login name and passwd

example

addnerd pixel (sets up the basic account for 'pixel')
passwd pixel (asks for an initial/local password for account 'pixel'

Hope that helps,
NRT