Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1998 13:16:27
Frederick,

I=B4ll try that way.
To be clear: I'm trying to do all, since it's my very first attempt with
NetBSD (and Unix generally) on a Syquest, because I think it would be
way way worse, intiating an installing process on a huge hd (4 GB) only
to discover then, something was done in the wrong way (chances are good
anyway, I know, but trying before beginning seriously is probably
better). So, all I'm doing now, is for practice! :))

Re: zapping partitions. Personally, to do *that*, I like HD SC Setup
more than FWB. If there aren't any cons, I could use (the hacked version
of) HD SC Setup. The only reason I used FWB on the Mac was, it allowed
you to change the blocksize allowing in this way better use of storage
on large partitions (but that's an ante-HFS+ problem; a format size I do
not use, because I want to stay compatible with Prodos 8 and 16). Btw,
is HFS+ a problem in some way?

Thanks again for your patience & best regards,

Ulrich