Subject: Re: Upgrade to 1.3.2
To: Jeff Woolley <Jeff.R.Woolley-1@tc.umn.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1998 00:36:50
Jeff Woolley wrote:

> Is there a way to upgrade to 1.3.2 from 1.3 with out doing a complete
> install?

Sure, download the 1.3 source, the 1.3.2 patches, and compile the world
;-)

Actually, if I were you, I'd just grab the 1.3.2 base.tgz distribution set
and the 1.3.2 kernel and install those.  I'm not too sure there were
enough changes in the other sets to justify installing them.

> How is 1.3.2 different from 1.3?

Take a look at the CHANGES doc in the top of the 1.3.2 distribution
hierarchy.  Basically a number of bugfixes.

> Should I upgrade?

If you care about security or if your system is one of the ones affected
by the bugs fixed in 1.3.2, then  yes, i'd say go for it.

I hope this helps some.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation