Subject: Re: Problems with my hard disk
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1998 01:53:10
Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com> wrote:

>i'd reformat and repartition the external drive (assuming you don't have
>MacOS stuff on it).  i've found that modifying the partition maps multiple
>times (especially for partitions near the end of a large disk) tends to
>confuse the installer and netbsd.

One thing I remember being helpful when using Drive Setup to format a disk
for NetBsd (though it was 1.4 at the time) -- somewhere in the 'options'
section are checkboxes for 'Low Level Format' and 'Zero all Data'.  Try
checking these, and expect to wait a lot longer -- but the advantage is the
disk is getting a pretty thorough 'scrubbing'.

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu