Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1998 03:24:59
Bill,

I tried as you suggested ('fsck_ffs -b 32 /dev/rsd1a'), but I got this:

| Alternate super block location: 32
| /dev/sd1a (No such file in directory)Can't stat /dev/sd1a

When I do 'disklabel sd1' I get, among other stuff:

| disklabel: boot block size 0
| disklabel: super block size 0
| disklabel: warning, unused partition c: size 390696 offset 0

Should I re-install all? Or may be something? Then, the installer
normally created the devices. Tomorrow, I'll try to boot another time in
single user mode, seeing if the error is repeated. Or does that have no
influence?

In any case, I can enter the files and directories. *My* practical
problem is, I can't access write mode, so I can't configure anything.
Generally, I think I was lucky, trying first on a "test" disk (Syquest
200) . . .

Thanks again, Ulrich